Re-Certification After Injury

When do I need a Section 8: Re-certification Form filled out by my physician?

  • If you suffer an injury during the sports season that requires medical treatment from a licensed physician of medicine or osteopathic medicine, you will need a Section 8 Form filled out and signed by that physician following completion of treatment.  The completed Section 8 Form gives you clearance to return to practice and competition. You may not return without the completed Section 8 Form.

Where can I find a Section 8: Re-certification Form?

  • The High School Athletics Office
  • The Athletic Trainer
  • Ephrata Area School District’s Website under the Athletics tab.  The Section 8 Form can be downloaded from the link below and printed.

Download Section 8: Re-certification Form (PDF)

Who do I give my completed Section 8 Form to?

  • The Athletic Secretary, Mrs. Cummings, in the High School Athletic Office
  • The Athletic Trainer, Cindy Jenkins
  • The Athletic Director, Steve Sweigart

* You may not give a Section 8 Form to a coach.  The Section 8 Form must be reviewed by either; The Athletic Secretary, The Athletic Trainer, or the Athletic Director prior to return to participation in sports.