Health & Safety Plans
If a student or staff member has tested positive for COVID-19, come in contact with someone who has tested positive, or become ill at school, District staff will follow processes developed in conjunction with Penn Medicine, WellSpan Health, and the Pennsylvania Department of Health (DOH). Specific initial protocols will be used in each unique situation.
- SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19
- COVID-19 SYMPTOMATIC STUDENT/STAFF
- COVID-19 POSITIVE RESPONSE
- MANAGING INDIVIDUALS WAITING FOR TEST RESULTS
- DAILY HEALTH SCREENING
Message to Families – June 21
We remain committed to maintaining clear and transparent communication leading up to the 2021-2022 school year and have compiled important documents and resources, including an updated FAQ webpage. It is important to note that all of these documents were developed with the understanding that the state mask mandate will be lifted on June 28th or sooner. If that changes or another mandate is issued, both the Summer 2021 Health and Safety Plan and the 2021-2022 Health and Safety Plan will be revisited. Please click on the links below for more information.
- School Board Statement – Board President Mr. Rick Gehman publicly read this statement on Tuesday, June 8 to express the Board’s thinking associated with the upcoming school year.
- Summer 2021 Health & Safety Plan – This plan was developed to help guide activities throughout the summer and was approved by the School Board on Monday, June 14.
- 2021-2022 Health & Safety Plan – This required plan is based upon current information and is intended to guide the opening of the 2021-2022 school year. This plan will go into effect on Friday, July 30.
Additionally, to help answer questions and clarify how the District would respond if and when the state would issue further guidance, direction, or mandates, we have prepared the following FAQs, which are also available HERE on the District website.
- Q: Is the District intending to require masks on June 28 or beyond?
A: No. Once the state mandate is lifted, the District is no longer legally required to mandate masks for students, staff, and guests. Thus, masks will not be required.
- Q: What happens if the state reinstates a mask mandate at some point after June 28?
A: If the state reinstates a mask mandate or otherwise significantly changes their requirements regarding face coverings, vaccinations, and/or social distancing, the District Health & Safety Plan will be reconsidered and adjusted to ensure the intent of the School Board Statement is continually represented.
If you have additional questions related to the start of the 2021-2022 school year, please submit them for consideration and inclusion on the FAQs page. Thank you for your support as we plan for a successful start to the 2021-2022 school year!