Clay Elementary PTO Information
Email us to be involved:
President: Sandy Jones email@example.com
Vice President: Tawnya Vernon firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Janelle Kapp email@example.com
Secretary: Lisa Hurst firstname.lastname@example.org
or complete the Volunteer Form by clicking here and return it to your child’s teacher.
PTO Scheduled Events:
Please check the calendar for Clay PTO events!
Upcoming PTO Meetings:
Clay Elementary School PTO Officers
- President: Sandy Jones
- Vice-president: Tawnya Vernon
- Secretary: Lisa Hurst
- Treasurer: Janelle Kapp
- Teacher Liaisons: Deborah Sheaffer & Evelyn Campbell
- Arts in Education: Julie Garman
- Batty for Books- Amy Pfautz
- Book Fair: Tawnya Vernon
- Box Tops: Lauren Musser & Nicole Zucchi
- Ceramic Night: Julie Garman
- Facebook: Julie Garman
- Fourth Grade Farewell: Lauren Musser & Nicole Zucchi
- Grandparents Night: Julie Garman & Tawnya Vernon
- Hershey Park ticket sales: Janelle Kapp
- Hospitality: Kelly Burkholder
- Mounts Apparel sale: Janelle Kapp
- Rec Center night: Kristy Smith
- Roller Skating Night: Sandy Jones
- Spelling Bee: Sarah Wertz
- Talent Show: Sandy Jones
- Teacher Appreciation: Sandy Jones
- Yearbook: Julie Garman
Clay PTO Fundraising Opportunities
There are many ways in which you can help raise money that will be used to enrich the educational experience of our children with exciting activities and assemblies throughout the school year.
1. Race for Education – The kids will be walking with their classmates on October 24th. They will be asked to get “sponsors” for their walk. There are many incentives and prizes that help make this event a lot of fun! This is our main fundraiser and covers the majority of our expenses during the year.
2. Box Tops for Education – Simply collect the Box Tops from hundreds of participating products (For the list, go to: http://www.boxtops4education.com/participating-products) and send them into school with your child. For extra incentive, there are contests throughout the year and prizes are given to individuals or classrooms that bring in the most Box Tops. Each Box Top is worth ten cents. The PTO receives a check twice a year.
3. Labels for Education – By collecting UPCs and beverage/sauce caps from over 2500 participating products, our school earns points that can be redeemed for arts, athletics, and academics merchandise. For a list of participating products go to: http://www.labelsforeducation.com/Earn-Points/Participating-Products
4. Used Printer Cartridges – We recycle donated used cartridges and receive a small payment in return. Send empty cartridges to school and place them in the designated collection box.]
5. Amazon Smile Foundation – If you are an Amazon shopper, simply sign up for this program at www.smile.amazon.com/. You declare Clay Elementary PTO as the charitable organization of your choice, and whenever you make a purchase through Amazon, 0.5% of the value goes to our PTO.
6. Take Charge of Education (Target) – REDcard holders can designate 1 percent of their purchases to a school of their choice to fund whatever the school needs most. Visit www.target.com/tcoe and enter Clay Elementary School to designate it as your chosen recipient. Target sends a check once a year to the attention of our school principal.
7. A+ School Rewards (Giant) – Register your BONUSCARD by logging on to www.giantfoodstores.com/aplus and select “Customer Registration.” After you indicate Clay Elementary School as your beneficiary (enter ID # 01958), every shopping trip (October through March) earns points that are used in a calculation to determine a cash total, which is then credited monthly to our PTO account.
8. Save a Tape Program (Redner’s Warehouse Market) – Stop at the store office or Customer Service area to get a Save-A-Tape card. By using this card each time you purchase merchandise at Redner’s Warehouse Markets, your receipt will be designated as a Save-A-Tape customer receipt. Submit them to our school where our coordinator will add up all the totals and present them to the manager on duty. Our school receives a check for 1 percent of the total amount of the tapes submitted.