The mission of the Ephrata Intermediate School counseling department is to assist students in their academic career and personal/social development in order to reach their full potential.
EIS Guidance Counselors provide…
- Developmental classroom guidance lessons focusing on:
- Understanding of self and others, coping strategies, peer relationships and effective social skills, communication, problem-solving, decision-making, conflict resolution and study skills, career awareness and substance abuse.
- Classroom management strategies.
- Proactive/preventive programming.
- Individual and small group counseling.
- Positive leadership, encouraging a safe, nurturing environment.
- Consultations with parents, staff and community agencies.
EIS Guidance Counselors will also help when…
- Social, emotional and behavioral issues interfere with academic success.
- Family or community crises impact students and staff.
- Parents need information and support with the challenging job of raising children.
Students meet with their EIS counselors by…
- Teacher or staff referral
- Parent referral
- Peer referral
- Counselor initiated referral
EIS Counselors offer individual and small group experiences dealing with…
- Social Skills
- Study Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Family Changes
- Behavior Modification