EMS Guidance Counselors provide…
- Developmental classroom guidance lessons focusing on:
- Understanding of self and others, coping strategies, peer relationships and effective social skills, communication, problem-solving, decision-making, conflict resolution and study skills, career awareness and substance abuse.
- Classroom management strategies.
- Proactive/preventive programming.
- Individual and small group counseling.
- Positive leadership, encouraging a safe, nurturing environment.
- Consultations with parents, staff and community agencies.
EMS Guidance Counselors will also help when…
- Social, emotional and behavioral issues interfere with academic success.
- Family or community crises impact students and staff.
- Parents need information and support with the challenging job of raising children.
Students meet with their EMS counselors by…
- Teacher or staff referral
- Parent referral
- Peer referral
- Counselor initiated referral
EMS Counselors offer individual and small group experiences dealing with…
- Social Skills
- Study Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Family Changes
- Behavior Modification
All incoming 7th and 8th grade students are invited to explore “Cruise the Halls” at EMS on August 26, 2021 from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm or August 27, 2021 from 10:00 am to 12:00 am.
About Our EMS Guidance Counselors
Mrs. Alane Mowbray
Mrs. Mowbray is the 8th Grade Guidance Counselor.
717-721-1468 Ext 18007