Fulton Guidance Department
Elementary School Counselors provide…
- Developmental classroom guidance lessons focusing on:
- Understanding of self and others, coping strategies, peer relationships and effective social skills, communication, problem-solving, decision-making, conflict resolution and study skills, career awareness and substance abuse.
- Classroom management strategies.
- Proactive/preventive programming.
- Individual and small group counseling.
- Positive leadership, encouraging a safe, nurturing environment.
- Consultations with parents, staff and community agencies.
Elementary School Counselors will also help when…
- Social, emotional and behavioral issues interfere with academic success.
- Family or community crises impact students and staff.
- Parents need information and support with the challenging job of raising children.
Students meet with their elementary counselors by…
- Teacher or staff referral
- Parent referral
- Peer referral
- Counselor initiated referral
EASD Elementary Counselors offer individual and small group experiences dealing with…
- Social Skills
- Study Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Family Changes
- Behavior Modification
Banana Splits: Banana Splits is a school based children’s group program for students who have experienced parental separation, divorce. etc. Some ways that the program helps in our school are as follows:
- to provide a safe place to express feelings
- to normalize feelings through sharing
- to train children in problem solving and coping skills
- to increase self-esteem through mutual help
- to support parents and school staff in working with Banana Splits kids
- to increase communication among children, parents and school
Some of the programs offered….
KPETS: Volunteer teams promote well-being by sharing the power of human-animal interactions. Some ways that KPETS helps in out school are as follows:
- Motivate adults and children in physical, occupational speech and cognitive therapy sessions.
- Support teachers who have reluctant learners and struggling readers.
- Encourage children to attend library programs so they can read to a companion animal.
About Our School Counselor
Miss Jillian Poole is the School Counselor of Fulton Elementary.
Email Miss Poole