The mission of the library program in the Ephrata Area School District is to provide an active learning environment that ensures that each student has the opportunity to become an independent, effective, and responsible user of ideas and information.
In Pursuit of this mission, our school library media program will…
- Provide intellectual and physical access to information through a carefully selected and systematically organized collection on in-house and remote resources in print, audiovisual, and electronic formats that address the diverse interests, backgrounds, and varied ability levels of our students.
- Develop and implement a curriculum of information literacy skills that develop student competencies in selecting, retrieving, analyzing, evaluation, synthesizing, creating, and communicating information in various formats
- Work collaboratively with teachers to provide relevant learning experiences that integrate information literacy skills with the classrom curriculum and help students achieve district and state academic standards
- Provide leadership, collaboration, and assistance to teachers and others in the use of instructional and information technology for learning.
- Provide resources and learning experiences that stimulate the habit of reading and foster life-long learning.