For Parents/Guardians Who Have Students with a Health Concerns or Require Medications at School:
- Notify the school nurse with any health concerns as soon as possible
- Introduce yourself and your child to the school nurse, if necessary
- Medications require a medical provider’s orders. Please provide orders prior to or at the time of medication drop off
- Provide medications for school administration in the original labeled container. Ask the pharmacy to provide a second bottle for school.
- Please continue to communicate with the school nurse at times of follow up appointments or any changes to the student’s medical condition or with medications.
- Any additional questions, please refer to the medication policy <link>
Parents/Guardians Wellness Checklist:
- Make sure immunizations are up-to-date and provide an updated list to the school nurse.
- Make annual dental and physical appointments with your child’s medical provider.
- Please educate your child on proper hygiene care. Encourage use of deodorant, daily oral care, and wearing clean clothes.
- Establish a bedtime and a morning routine to ensure consistent sleep. EASD sleep study and related research is available HERE.
- Help make appropriate clothing and footwear choices according to school policy.
- Keep an open line of communication with your child’s school nurse regarding health, safety, and wellness concerns.
- Attend your child’s back to school night and Parent-Teacher conference to dialogue with the school nurse and other school personnel
- For more additional parenting tips, please CLICK HERE.