To develop a model gifted education program in the Lancaster-Lebanon area that is comprehensive, fluid, and flexible where lifelong-learning and intellectual pursuits are encouraged, supported, and valued.
The mission of the EASD Gifted Education Program is to:
- Ensure the multi-faceted nature of giftedness is addressed effectively for every student
- Empower gifted students and their families with knowledge and choices that will maximize potential
- Establish partnerships within the broader community that enhance both community life and student-centered objectives
- Educate the school community about giftedness in order to remove barriers and promote understanding
- Equip faculty with practical training, creative ideas, and flexible programming options for teaching gifted students
- Engage in on-going research and exploration to ensure cutting-edge ideas and practices in gifted education